Like many other Web sites, chevygeek.com makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’s analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
→ Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site’s visitors based upon their visit to Chevy Geek and other sites on the Internet.
Our Advertising Partners
Amazon Associates Program
Chevy Geek is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
chevygeek.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Amazon Affiliate Disclosure:
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
GDPR and CCPA
2. Information We Collect
a. Personal Information: We may collect personal information, such as:
- Contact information (e.g., name, email address, phone number).
- Demographic information (e.g., age, gender, location).
- Login credentials (e.g., username and password).
- Payment information (if applicable).
- Any other information you provide to us.
b. Automatically Collected Information: We may automatically collect information about your use of our website, including:
- IP address.
- Browser type and version.
- Operating system.
- Date and time of access.
- Referring website or source.
3. How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website.
- To personalize your experience.
- To process transactions and fulfill orders (if applicable).
- To communicate with you, respond to your inquiries, and provide customer support.
- To send you promotional and marketing communications (if you have opted in).
- To comply with legal obligations.
4. Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers and partners who assist us in operating our website.
- Legal authorities when required by law.
- Third parties with your consent.
5. Your Rights and Choices
a. Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you.
b. Correction: You may request corrections to inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
c. Deletion: You may request the deletion of your personal information, subject to legal requirements.
d. Opt-Out: You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the instructions provided in the communication.
8. Contact Us
Third Party Privacy Policies
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en&visit_id=637841586877347282-3275918570&rd=1
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. Chevy Geek does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that Chevy Geek has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.