My name is Randy Worner.
I have been working on cars and trucks for almost 45 years.
For the last 36 years I have taught Automotive / Diesel Technology classes for UTI, Snap On Tools, Chrysler, Pepboys, Lone Star College, NAPA and TBC Corporation.
I manned the technical assistance hotline for UTI and their Custom Training Group for 4 ½ years, Pepboys for over 4 ½ years and TBC Corporation for 6 months. In the 10 years at Chrysler, we constantly fielded calls from technicians in the field.
I own a technical writing company known as Supreme Technical Services. It is ASE Gold Seal certified.
Some of my work can be seen on the websites OBD-Codes.com, OBDAdvisor.com, and Troublecodes.net.
I also did technical writing for Auto-codes.com and MyAirbags.com.
I have an Associate’s degree in Business Fundamentals, and a certificate in Automotive and Diesel Transportation Technology.
I am a member of:
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- National Automotive Service Technicians Foundation (NASTF)
- International Automotive Technicians Network (iATN)
- Diagnostic Network (DN)
I am a firm supporter of ASE and technician certification. I carry 48 current certifications.
- ASE/ACA World Class Technician ( 1 of 2030 in last 35 years)
- ASE – Certified Master Auto Technician, Certified Master Truck Technician
- Certified Master Collision Technician, Advanced Engine Performance L1,
- Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis L2, Light Duty Hybrid Electric Vehicles L3
- Master School Bus Technician, Master Transit Bus Technician
- Master Truck Equipment Technician, Undercar X1, Alternate Fuels F1
- Service Advisor C1, Medium/Heavy Truck Parts P1, Automobile Parts P2
I am a U.S. Army veteran. I served 4 years as a Mechanic, Shop Foreman and Motor Sergeant. Was awarded the Army Commendation Medal while stationed in Germany.
I live in Conroe, Texas, and I am not only a Native Texan, I am a Native Houstonian!
I have been married to the same wonderful woman for 42 years. We have 3 children and 7 grandchildren.